BEST NEUROLOGY BLOGS
1.Brain Blogger : One of the best Medical Blogs on the Net!!
Based in Beverly Hills, a fantastic Award Winning: anything and everything related to the amazing human brain gets covered here, including neurology and neuroscience. Brain Blogger is an amazing resource for students wanting to see how their discipline relates to psychology and other subjects.
2. Oliver Sacks’ Blog: Well-known author and MD Neurologist, of ” The Man who wrote “The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat“. A computerphobe, and a fan of music artist, Bjork, who he mistook for a musician, just wrote “Hallucinogens“, about his experience with these drugs, and how he feels how it deepened his understanding both of his patients, and the complicated new Healthcare system. Also wrote “Musicophilia“, how music also helped some of his patients.
3.Commissural Connections : Neurologist Samuel Pleasure, MD, PhD blogs about all the issues and news stories that impact his work as well as that of his contemporaries.
4.Neuro Notes : Dr. Andrew Wilner Epilepsy expert, does mission work to Phillipines; picks certain subject areas within the field of neurology and discusses his thoughts and opinions of whatever crops up.
5.Mind Hacks : An essential read for neuroscience and psychology students alike, Mind Hacks overflows with incredible postings on how the human brain functions.
6.The Law and Neuroscience Blog : Students hoping for a career in neurology and neuroscience must remain informed of the legal restrictions and ramifications of their work lest they face serious trouble.
7. NeuroLogica Blog : This engaging blog by Steven Novella, MD covers some broad categories within neuroscience, but some of his more interesting postings dissect the role it plays in formulating conspiracy and supernatural theories.
8.Talking Brains : Neuroscience students interested in the relationship between cognitive science, psychology, language and their chosen field will appreciate the insightful articles found on the Talking Brains blog.
9. Renegade Neurologist : Browse the archives or book recommendations to learn almost everything there is to know about how the nervous system and its related disorders operate.
10.Neuroskeptic : One neuroscientist dissects all the latest news, views, and issues regarding the field, playing devil’s advocate for many of the topics at hand.
11. Neurodudes: an open neurology Forum
12. The Daily Brain : Anything and everything regarding the intricacies of the human mind, both scientific and theoretical, ends up covered on this essential resource.
13.Neuroanthropology : Neuroscience shares a staggering amount of overlap with the field of anthropology as well as psychology and sociology, and students curious about this ought to see what this blog has to say on the subject.
14.NCBI ROFL : Discover Magazine’s irreverent blog on neuroscience provides readers with some quirky, fun, and extremely educational stories and articles.
15.Neurotopia : 3 current and former neuroscience graduate students provide readers with general articles that broach a nice array of topics to help further knowledge and research.
16. EidenEurolearning: dyslexia, attention deficit disorders, autism, and more.“
17.Prefrontal.org : Explore the research and opinions of Craig Bennett, whose inquiries into neuroscience revolve around cognitive development.
18.Vanguard Neurologist: Univerisity of Miami Neurologist
19.The Neurocritic : IRREVERANT! Neuroscience, neurology, and psychology students alike can benefit from reading this blog’s painstaking analysis of “sensationalistic findings” regarding their areas of expertise.
20.Channel N : Though mostly about psychology, the videos posted on Channel N’s blog quite frequently delve into issues of neuroscience, neuroethics, neurology, and neurotechnology.
21.Neuroethics & Law Blog : All neurology and neuroscience students hoping to do right by their patients ought to read through the laws that govern their practice.
23.BrainBlog : Learn more about the field of neuropsychology with the BrainBlog, which features some great posts blending the two disciplines together.
24. Neurologyminutiae: As the site says, rare neurological diseases, “…ARCANE ITEMS OF MEDICAL OBSCURITY ARE THE NEUROLOGIST’S LIFEBLOOD. WE CAN FIGURE STUFF OUT. THIS BLOGGER IS INTERESTED IN DISEASES THAT AFFECT PEOPLE– GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR RESULTS OF RAT RESEARCH. INFORMATION IS MEANT TO BE ADVANCED BUT CLINICALLY RELEVANT ESOTERICA. Keep an eye out for Bjork and Dr. Sacks in lederhosen.
25. CaseBlog Neurology: updated daily, basic neurophysiology from huge health website
26. PsyBlog: Behavioral, Self-Help
27. WordPress Neurology Blogs (LOTS of them)
Neurologist from Cairo, Egypt, Professor Yasser Metwally, at www.yassermetwally.com; old time veteran of the web, good teaching site