September 2nd, 2015
(There will be a LIVE Medgadget.com Hangout on Monday, November 9th, at 3 pm EST, at www.Medgadget.com; you are welcome to tweet LIVE, and interact, as well as particpate in the “Post Hangout Video Blab”)
MagVenture, a company out of Farum, Denmark, won FDA clearance for its MagVita transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy system to be used in the U.S. to treat major depressive disorder in patients who failed to respond to other therapies. In 2011, the device was the first TMS system approved in the European Union.
Features of the system according to the product page:
It can perform repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) and run many protocols successively (up to 20.000 pulses).
- Depression protocol pre-defined.
- 30 pps maximum rep. rate.
- Chair and vacuum pillow for patient comfort.
- Super flexible arm to hold coil.
- Built-in computer with user-friendly software.
- Quick protocol set-up and storage.
- Accessories included for treatment consistency and easy use.
Product page: MagVita TMS Therapy system…
- Neuronetics’ NeuroStar TMS for Major Depressive Disorder Cleared in Europe
- Brainsway Deep TMS Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation System FDA Cleared to Treat Depression
- Brainsway’s Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to Go on Trial for Bipolar Disorder
- FDA to Consider Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation System