$5 Billion and counting: A breakthrough year for mHealth funding
October 16, 2014
2014 has been a record year for mHealth–with $5 billion in digital health deals. In fact, start-up funding for mHealth is expected to double in the United States over the next three years, according to new research from Accenture. What’s more telling, though, are the types of start-ups being funded.
While the market seems dominated by consumer-facing tools like smartwatches and other types of personal monitors, those with the money are more interested in devices and platforms that benefit the provider first.
The research identified four market segments driving mHealth funding growth:
- Infrastructure capabilities
- Engagement solutions
- Treatment tools
- Diagnosis technology
The mHealth Summit’s Venture+ Track shines a bright light on many of the emerging technologies and companies involved in mobile and connected health. Sessions and events include:
- Pitch Sessions – 30 early- to growth-stage companies will deliver live 3-minute presentations followed by facilitated discussions with industry experts.
- Panels and Sessions Designed for Innovators
- Late-Breaker: New Apps, Trackers, Wearables & Solutions
- Data Speak: Market Research Update on Consumers and mHealth
- Untapped Markets in mHealth
- All about Apps: Designing for Engagement & Compliance
- Patient Data: What You Need to Know about Ownership, Stewardship & Liability
- US Business Landscape: Big Picture Updates
- Startup Showcase – 11,000 square foot hub and experiential space for 70 new and emerging mhealth companies to connect with providers, licensees, and others looking for joint ventures or deal-making opportunities.
Partners joining the mHealth Summit this year include Dreamit Health, HealthTech Capital, Health Wildcatters, healthxl, Maryland Israel Development Center, New York eHealth Collaborative, Springboard Enterprises, StartUp Health and Techstars.
The mHealth Summit is taking place December 7-11 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center right outside Washington, D.C. Register today for the 2014 mHealth Summit.
– See more at: http://mhealthsummit.org/blog/5-billion-and-counting-breakthrough-year-mhealth-funding#sthash.XTjxOzpW.dpuf