Ambio Health Wireless Glucose, BP, Weight System Gets FDA Clearance
by EDITORS on Jul 30, 2013 • 1:40 pm
Ambio Health (Stamford, Connecticut) just won FDA approval for its eponymous system that allows for at-home tracking of glucose, weight, and blood pressure. A patient can purchase any of the three components, which wirelessly connect to the Ambio Gateway device that in turn sends it to the online Ambio Care Portal. There patients and their physicians can review trends and spot any important patterns.
In addition to the connected medical devices, Ambio also offers door and motion sensors for the house and provides apps and software to help track activity, set goals, and create alarms for taking medicine and performing other health related tasks.
Ambio features according to the company:
- Home health readings that are automatically logged and can be viewed by family members and caregivers from the secure, web-based Ambio Care Portal
- Accurate and complete readings which are available to health care providers for the regular monitoring of patient health
- The ability to set individualized alert levels and notifications of exception conditions
- Individualized reminders for readings and medications that can be sent to the patient via telephone call, text message or email
- An affordable system designed to work with a number of health monitors
- A HIPAA compliant tool that keeps health information private and secure