Chemotherapy Advisor medical app is one stop shop for medical oncology
(ED: Wow, what an app! That is how far we have come, when an app like this, which give treatment options, the latest cancer trials, in the palm of your hand! Wowwee!)
Chemotherapy and management of malignancy has been a focus of modern science in the past few decades.
For that reason, there are now many treatment options for the various cancers that exist.
There are many new, experimental treatments and a lot of scholarly activity associated with medical oncology and keeping track of it can be very difficult.
Chemotherapy Advisor is an app that lives and breathes all things chemotherapy. From a homepage that looks like a Facebook newsfeed to medical calculators, this app is a robust tool for providers who deal with chemotherapeutic agents regularly.
The app was developed by chemotherapyadvisor.com, a well known chemotherapy reference tool frequented by medical oncologists.
The app opens with a selection of recent articles related to medical oncology. The setup looks very much like a Facebook newsfeed with pertinent news and scholarly articles in chronological order.
The app includes many features including dosing calculators, treatment guides, news, information about drugs, etc
The Treatment Regimens folder is the meat of the app. When the user advances to Treatment Regimens, a dropdown menu of different malignancy populates
When the specific malignancy is chosen, a table with the dosing and management information is included. Unlike the rest of the app, the treatment guide tables look a little primitive.
Whey are word documents that someone is trying to open on their phone – it requires a lot of scrolling and zooming, which can be a little annoying.
The app also includes med calculators in the tools folder. There are quite a bit of options here – everything from BMI to absolute neutrophil count calculators (certainly almost everything an oncologist could ask for).
Lastly, the app has a large focus on news and scholarly articles related to chemotherapy and oncology. The features and news folders can be broken down by types of cancers and the app will pull recent related articles.
Additionally, these parts of the app are searchable, so the user can specifically seek certain information out.
- Easy to use, very quickly able to find treatments for specific cancers
- Can search for recent articles through the app
- Newsfeed of featured articles on the homepage make it easy to keep up-to-date
- Huge selection of medical calculators
- Treatment guides are not formatted for the app so the user must scroll left/right while reading the treatment guides
Healthcare providers that would benefit from the app:
- Medical oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Internal Medicine residents
- Chemotherapy Advisor is a free iOS app that includes a robust selection of information about oncology
- The app includes a wide variety of medical calculators that include the basics like BMI and pregnancy due dates but also includes heme/onc specific things like Factor IX dosage calculator, etc.
- There are featured articles so the user can keep up-to-date with oncology
- Treatment guides are included for a wide variety of malignancies
- Drug specific information like side effect profiles, indications, and contraindications can be found on this app